Forte Law is Hiring
Client Service Coordinator
Are you an organized “people-person” who likes solving problems and making sure people feel taken care of? We are looking for someone to join our growing team, working full-time out of our beautiful new office in South Surrey.
About the Job:
Our client service coordinator will our firm’s concierge to make sure our clients are taken care of, including:
- Answering incoming calls to our office to connect the caller with the right person in our firm to help them, or refer then to external resources where appropriate;
- Greeting people who arrive at our office, making sure they are comfortable and connected with the right person in our firm to help them;
- Scheduling and coordinating our meeting rooms for client meetings and rentals to third parties;
- Coordinating ingoing and outgoing mail and couriers;
- Event planning, including maintaining registration using EventBrite, coordinating catering and all other aspects for virtual and in-person firm events;
- Researching opportunities to engage with community organizations and coordinating volunteer opportunities for our team; and
- Supporting our team with general administrative/clerical work.
We are a small (but growing) team, and this is a new position which makes this job flexible to best meet our needs and use your skills. If you have an interest and background in digital marketing, graphic design, document layout, or any other area that would contribute to the firm, we want to hear about it.
We know that the best way we can serve our community is by reflecting its diversity. We would be grateful for applications from candidates who can add value to our team based on their lived experiences, culture, and languages.
Pay Range: $20-$25 per hour, depending on skills & experience
About Forte Law:
We are workplace lawyers, which means we help people solve problems at work every day, from hiring to firing, and everything in between. Our clients range from large companies and unions, to individual workers who have lost their jobs or are being harassed at work. No matter the size of the client, we empower them to clear away workplace challenges and confidently choose their path. All of our clients are valued equally and many of our clients have never worked with a lawyer before. Our team of 11 takes a collaborative approach and giving our clients friendly, practical, cost-effective service that meets their unique goals is our top priority.
Our core values include:
Equity & Respect – We value each team member’s contributions and role equally. We have an open concept office for all lawyers and staff. There is no corner office and no hierarchy.
Community & Giving – We support our team in giving back and engaging with community, through pro bono work, supporting local charitable organizations and public education about legal issues.
Innovation – We are committed to improving access to justice and have a culture that values the ideas of all team members. We are open to experimenting and trying new things, and we take everyone’s ideas seriously.
Inclusion – We are committed to making our work and our workplace more inclusive, equitable, and accessible for our team and our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Excellent, clear and empathetic written and verbal communication;
- Experience dealing with the public in a customer-service role, and confident trouble-shooting and problem solving on the spot;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Solid working experience in MS Office and Adobe (EventBrite is an asset);
- Excellent organizational skills, experience in scheduling multiple calendars.
We are a small team, and lawyers and staff all pitch in on whatever needs doing, which can include everything from driving materials to court on short notice, to taking out recycling. Flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to self-direct are key. To fit in here, you need to be a “people person” with high emotional intelligence and fundamental respect for coworkers, clients and others in our community. This position requires 5 days per week (Monday to Friday during business hours) in our office in Surrey.
Sound Interesting? Send your resume and cover letter to Nicki Isaac at [email protected] by
September 17, 2021. In order to be considered you MUST include somewhere in your cover letter or email the following sentence "I have good attention to detail and read this posting in full."
All inquiries are confidential.