Rolling out layoffs for the first time?
We have created a cost-effective, flat fee package to cover off the legal advice your business needs, including advice about EI (Employment Insurance) the Employment Standards Act, and a layoff letter.
The package includes online meetings with an employment lawyer to cover:
- a review of your general circumstances, employee information and employment contracts to assess potential liability;
- advice about pros and cons to layoffs and potential layoff alternatives;
- advice about how to best communicate and roll out layoffs;
- a customized template layoff letter to go to impacted employees, delivering the news in a way that reflects your company culture and covers your legal obligations; and
- advice about how to best position your employees to collect EI, including completion of ROEs (Records of Employment).
Flat-fee prices: $1,000 (under 15 employees),
$1,500 (15-29 employees), $2,500 (30-49 employees), plus applicable taxes.
If you are a large employer with more than 50 employees, call or email for a quote.