employment law for dental professionals
While you are busy providing dental services to your patients, Forte Workplace Law has your employment law needs covered. From employment contracts to defending workplace legal claims and everything in between, we offer a variety of tailored services to meet the specific needs of dental clinics.
I can’t recommend Christie and Forte Workplace Law highly enough. We needed employment contracts and workplace policies and Christie did an amazing job. From the beginning to the end, she was always available to answer our questions and provide us with advice when needed. Her thoroughness and positive attitude makes her a pleasure to work with.
Dr. Amandeep Hans – Periodontist
I have relied on Forte Law for advice about employment issues now for several years. As dentists, we often become small business owners and are faced with challenging employment and human resources issues that exceed our formal training. Having these confident subject-matter experts, who are promptly responsive, practical and easy to talk to has been a huge asset to my practice’s management. They look at not only the legal side, but also take the human aspect into consideration. Their billing is fair and I have found good value from their services.
Dr. Robert Gardiner – Garibaldi Dental Clinic
Fantastic experience dealing with Christie and her team. We are a new startup dental practice and she was very accommodating with her time and expertise to draft multiple versions for our contracts for a location in BC and another province as well. Highly recommended as the go-to firm for dental employment contracts!
Dr. Ahmed Ismail – Periodontist
we can help proactively
business fundamentals kit
Our Business Fundamentals Kit gives you the foundation and employment documents your practice needs to grow and thrive, for a flat fee of $5,000 + tax. The Kit includes:
- employment contracts
- termination letter and release
- bullying and harassment policy
- up to 3 hours of legal advice to customize these key documents.
Click here for more information on the Business Fundamentals Kit
stand alone policies or documents
We can assist your practice with stand alone policies or documents, including any documents in the Business Fundamentals Kit. We can also prepare specific policies and documents regarding:
- absenteeism, lateness, or proper attire;
- use of technology;
- non-competition, and non-solicitation;
- and more.
avoiding legal claims
HR issues can be a headache, but escalation is often avoidable. We can advise on issues including:
- performance improvement plans;
- workplace conflict and problem employees, in-fighting, allegations of bullying, harassment, improper conduct, and more;
- workplace accommodations and what is protected by Human Rights;
- managing maternity or disability leaves and replacements/ returns;
- managing vacation, overtime and other entitlements;
- other issues related to workplace conflict and management.
sued by an employee?
we can defend you in claims for
- wrongful or constructive dismissal;
- discrimination under the Human Rights Code (sex (pregnancy) discrimination, disability discrimination, age discrimination (suggested/forced retirement), etc.);
- unpaid overtime; and
- bullying and harassment, and/or sexual harassment.