Sara Forte, Labour and Employment Lawyer, Founder
I am an employment lawyer, and have practiced exclusively in the areas of employment/labour law, and workplace human rights since 2004. Solving work-related legal problems is all that I do, from hiring to firing, and everything in between.
I grew up in Langley, BC. After attending law school in Ontario and working and living in Vancouver for a few years, my valley girl roots brought me back home to South Surrey to raise my own young family. I kept working in Vancouver, and spent many hours on the 351 bus and Canada Line. After 12 years of working for leading firms in Vancouver, in November 2016, I took the leap to open my own firm near my home, here in Surrey. I am very excited to be serving clients in my own community, and loving the 2 KM commute.
Community is a big part of my life and work. Outside of the office, you might run into me, with my husband and children, shopping at the White Rock Farmers’ Market, walking, jogging or biking the trails in our local parks and forests, at the beach, or attending local charity events. I am a member of Semiahmoo Arts and on the Board of Directors for Sources. You will also find me enthusiastically cheering on my children at the sidelines of the local baseball diamonds, pools, ice rinks, piano recitals, riding rings, and school performances.
I give back to the business and legal community by speaking and writing on employment law and other topics. I am a member of the Surrey Board of Trade and BC HRMA (Human Resources Management Association), and have a CPHR designation (Certified Professional in Human Resources).
In addition to our Forte Law Blog , some of my recent and upcoming speaking engagements and publications are listed here:
- February 13, 2017 Employment Contract Oversight Proves Costly (Guest Blog Post)
FirstReference Talks Blog Post
- February 15, 2017 Employment Law 101 (Speaking Engagement)
BC HRMA New Practitioners Roundtable
- February 23, 2017 Lawyers as Employers (Speaking Engagement)
Surrey Bar Association CPD session
- February 28, 2017 New under BC Human Rights Code: Gender Identity and Expression (Speaking Engagement)
BC HRMA South Surrey Roundtable
- March 4, 2017 Career Paths and Parental Leave (Speaking Engagement)
Justice Education Society, Mapping Her Path Project
- April 2017 Lawyers as Employers (Guest Column)
CBABC BarTalk Magazine
- April 2017 Gender Identity and Expression (Guest Column)
Canadian Lawyer InHouse Magazine
- April 19, 2017 New under BC Human Rights Code: Gender Identity and Expression (Speaking Engagement)
BC HRMA Maple Ridge/Langley Roundtable
- April 26, 2017 Employment Contracts: A Simple and Powerful Tool (Speaking Engagement)
Surrey Board of Trade
- May 5, 2017 Lawyers as Employers (Speaking Engagement)
CLEBC Employment Law Conference